One of the biggest questions I get asked is how is California different from North Carolina. Is it a fit for me? These are all questions that are going to be situational but I’m going to try and give you some solid tips.
- The Cost of living in California is way higher
North Carolina cost of living isn’t incredibly low. It’s really about average, but there are few places in the US where you can live near a beach and the mountains for so cheap.
- Way less populated and developed
California is the most populated state in the United States and one of the biggest land wise. Being less populated, there are:
- More trees and different scenery
- Rural areas
- You can get big lots
- Less business competition
- Less pollution
- Less traffic
- Less competition & snobby people
One of the things I hated about California is EVERYBODY is rich, good-looking, drives a nice car, etc. North Carolina is way less competitive and it’s easier to stand out.
- People in NC are less polarized and the middle class is bigger
People in NC tend to less consider about politics and more concerned about living.
- The people talk differently, dress, and NC is in the south which some people do not like. People tend to be more religious, way more retirees, and snow birds.